Rajasthan: Jungle and Village Safari
Trek Grade: Easy
The combination of seeing Tigers in a jungle and meeting Tribals in the midst of the Aravali Hills is a rich experience of nature, wildlife, and cultures. Ranthambore, the jungles where tigers roam the hilly grasslands and wallow in the lakes that abound this national park is famous for a high probability of spotting the great striped cat. With tigers, there is also a good chance to see the sloppy sloth bear, the skittish cheetals, and a whole host of feathered beauties that make the skies and the trees so colourful. The eye to eye contact with the great predator, the tiger leaves one spellbound as the cold glassy eyes of the great carnivore looks straight through you, giving you goosebumps while in the safety of your safari vehicle. If your eyes have not rested on the striped big cat and its majestic persona, life can be said to be incomplete.
Combining the jungles and the majestic Sher Khan with an isolated Dera Village Retreat in the midst of the Aravalis, which very few people realise are the most ancient hills of the world geologically speaking, is bringing a touch of adventure, safaris, hiking, and exploring the local tribal cultures. Try your hand at driving a tractor in the fields or, just taking a bicycle and peddle away through the sleepy rural setting. Hike up to the little war forts built on-top of the hills to get a majestic view of the surrounding valleys. Visit the ancient 7th-century stepwells of Abhaneri located close by. Abhaneri Chandbauri was called by BBC Travel as being among the 10 Great Unknown Wonders of the World!
This is a memorable short holiday that can be done as both a self-drive or, a driven vacation for family, friends and fun in the midst of nature and cultures!
- A 6 days tour with 4 Star Accommodation on twin sharing basis including all meals
- 2 Canter Safaris in Ranthambore National Park on sharing basis
- Camel cart ride in Gadoli and hiking through the Aravali Hills
- Rural, agrarian, farming experience with meeting tribal people
- Heena application at Gadoli
- One Sundowner at Gadoli (Tea/Coffee, Soft Beverages and Vegetarian Snacks)
- One Farm Dinner at Gadoli
- All currently applicable taxes included
RanthamboreThe Great Wildlife Adventure
Gadoli, Aravali HillsThe Classical Indian Village in the Golden Triangle
Set in the heart of India and nestled amidst the Aravalis, Gadoli village is located in the rural countryside of Rajasthan. One can easily move around on camels or by camel carts. Marvel at the beautiful scenery and potentially spot some of the desert wildlife. The vibrant culture and rich heritage of this place draws innumerable tourists from across the globe.Tucked away within a valley inside the Aravali Hills, home to the community of Meena Tribals, the joy and spirit of rustic life is palpable on the lively faces of the village folks.
DelhiThe City of Glory
Delhi is said to be one of the oldest existing cities in the world, along with Jerusalem and Varanasi. It is the Capital Territory of India and a modern-day citadel that's dotted with ancient monuments.
History and Culture
Legend estimates it to be over 5,000 years old. Over the millennia, Delhi is said to have been built and destroyed 11 times. The oldest alleged incarnation of the city shows up in the Indian mythological epic Mahabharata as Indraprastha.
Delhi -Ranthambore by road (Approx. 400 kms / 8 hours drive)
Drive from Delhi to Ranthambore
Alternatively you can travel by train from H Nizamuddin (Delhi) to Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore)
Train Number Train Name From/To Time 12904 GOLDN TEMPLE ML H. Nizamuddin / Sawai Madhopur 0720/1250 Hr 12060 KOTA JANSHTBDI H. Nizamuddin / Sawai Madhopur 1316/1803 Hrs
Arrive Ranthambore and check-in to the hotel.
Ranthambore - Bordering the outer fringes of the Thar Desert and the former hunting grounds of the Maharajah of Jaipur, Ranthambore is now a 512-square-mile natural preserve (one of India’s largest) that is home to diverse plant life; historic ruins; and hundreds of species of birds, reptiles, mammals, and of course, Bengal tigers.
Evening at leisure.
Dinner at the hotel.
Overnight at the hotel (D)
Today, explore the national park by morning and afternoon game drives.
Ranthambore National Park is one of the biggest and most renowned national parks in Northern India. The Park is located in the Sawai Madhopur district of southeastern Rajasthan. Being considered as one of the famous and former hunting grounds of the Maharajas of Jaipur, today the Ranthambore National Park terrain is a major wildlife tourist attraction spot that has pulled the attention of many wildlife photographers and lovers in this destination. The Park is mostly famous for its tigers.
Breakfast, Lunch & dinner at the hotel.
Overnight at the hotel (B,L,D)
Ranthambore – Gadoli by road (Approx. 120 kms / 3 hours drive)
Gadoli, Aravali Hills
After breakfast, drive to Gadoli
On arrival, check-in to the Retreat.
Set in the heart of India and nestled at the base of India's oldest range of fold mountains - the Aravali Hills, Dera Village - The Clement Retreat is located in the rural countryside of Rajasthan. The retreat is located near alake, which is dry in the winter months but lush again in the monsoon months of July and August . The green paddy fields surrounding the Retreat, the bonfire place, the well-planned garden and organic farms– all add to make the retreat a perfect oasis of calm, away from the hustle and bustle of cities.
To explore the bounties of the retreat and its surroundings, one can comfortably move around on foot or on camel carts. The local community members of the village have been employed for various tasks at the Retreat including the supplying of camels.
In the afternoon you will experience the very renowned Indian artistry of Henna. Henna art or as you call it in Hindi - 'Mehndi, is a form of body art that originated in ancient India, in which decorative and very intricate designs are created on a person's hands or feet, using a paste created from the powdered dry leaves of the Henna plant. The shrub also goes by the name of Reseda or Mignonette tree and is native to Asia and North Africa. The same is also popularly used as a hair dye.
This evening you will also enjoy the retreat's Farm to Table dining experience. Our chef carefully prepares each farm dinner menu by selecting the very best and fresh ingredients from our Organic Farm.
Lunch & Dinner at the retreat.
Overnight at Dera Village - The Clement Retreat (B,L,D)Accomodation
Gadoli, Aravali Hills
Wake up to a relaxed morning. You may choose to either relax inside and explore the indoor activities (Playing cricket, Badminton) or take any below optional experiences offered by the retreat on direct payment.
- Organic farming : Duration 3-4 hours (8 am - 12 noon) - There is a popular slogan that swells every Indian's heart with pride - Jai Jawan Jai Kisan, which translates to, "Hail the Soldier, Hail the Farmer". You will get a hands on experience with the field workers and the toiling that goes into keeping this country well-fed. Your hosts will introduce you to the entire farming process, right from crop selection to harvesting the farms, which are spread over 15 Acres around the retreat. And finally no village experience in the summertime, is ever complete without the surprise of a unique and refreshing rural bathing experience! – INR 699 per person (minimum 2 persons)
- A Day in the Village : Duration 4-5 hours - Travel back in time as you explore the village on the Ship of the Desert- the camels. In India, traditional welcomes feel like a long awaited homecoming, yet royally bestowed with respect. Warm yourselves with honest to heart interactions with the people of the land, the villagers. Listen to their stories, learn about their culture and traditions, testing the sands of time over 5000 years. Visit the village school and interact with happy, curious minds. Teach them something new if you'd like or play the games which we left behind. This is all for the child in you to take the call - so bring him or her out! – INR 950 per person (minimum 2 persons)
- Explore by Pedal : Duration 3-4 hours (6 am - 10 am) -Rise with the birds this morning and take to two wheels to observe the pulse of early morning village life. Interact with the locals as they set their day in motion. Explore the Aravali ranges and the pathways hidden in its folds, all on a bicycle. Enjoy a picnic breakfast over one of its hillocks and behold a stunning panoramic view - a vivid polaroid of bygone eras. INR 3099 per person (minimum 2 persons)
- Hiking & Birdwatching : Duration 3 hours (6 am - 9 am) -Trace the pathways of the oldest fold mountain ranges in the world, the Aravalli Hills, by foot. Along the hike, enter the timorous world of vibrant and musical avifauna, that are beloved to these ranges and make for sightings ever so soothing. Enjoy a rewarding spread of picnic style breakfast upon a hillock. INR 399 per person (minimum 2 persons)
After lunch, we set out on a camel cart (The Ship of The Desert) safari through the surrounding villages. Forget cars, jeeps, buses and aeroplanes while you are a guest at the retreat. In this secluded vale, the road less taken, you travel back in time as camel carts take you to sleepy villages, where time seems to stand still. As the ‘ship of the desert’ gently pulls the cart along unpaved, sandy paths, there is a gentle, undulating rhythm in its movement.
Along the fortress of solitude, the Aravalli mountain range on your side, enjoy the sundowner with a packed picnic basket and the fresh breath of mountain breeze for your soul.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at the retreat.
Overnight at Dera Village - The Clement Retreat (B,L,D)
- Day 5 Gadoli - Delhi by road (Approx. 264 kms / 5.5 hours drive)